Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Give me an apron and call me Betty Crocker...or your wife"

Ok, so, originally this blog post was titled "The petal is to the metal". Well, due to the fact that I was supposed to "catch ya'll up" from getting back in the states to now...that would be yet another very long post. So...let's just start, um, let's say the last week instead? Deal? Ok. "Fasten your seat belts kids!" I am still living in the sweetest town of Denton, TX! Thank the Lord for his faithfulness, really!! (If you wanna know the story on how I got back here, you can ask, it's pretty amazing-so like Him!) I'm still going to school for elementary education, I cannot believe that I am half way there; I'm so close but so far away. (and I'm going to be 21 soon, weird).

I have currently started do a program called "Steps" at my church. In case you're curious on what that is click hither: Steps at The Village Church I have had the desire to do this program for the past year, but, now timing is perfect and I was allowed to do it this semester. I want grow and be stretched in my walk with Christ. Already walking into this of hearing how "exausting or scary" it was to do this...naturally I did too. To confront and revealed the nastiness, my sickness of sin- deal with it and be held accountable for it? I mean Who would "Yeah, I'm so ready, let's do this, no big deal pshh!" And ultimately be able to say that my hope, my everything my faith is in Christ alone. To search comfort from Him, be fulfilled by His love. To live a Gospel centered life, not because I 'know' the Gospel but because I am constantly being changed by it. To allow God to reveal more of who He is to me and to be more and more like Jesus and less and less of me. I may be doing some updates on what the Lord will be revealing to me on here to share: revelations, convictions, may be even encouragement to you as well.

Which leads me to the next think: I also recently joined a Home Group at my church to be in deeper community with my church body. I'm soooo excited to do life with these women ( I joined a multigen women's group)! I'm also hoping to find a mentor as well to impart her wisdom on me :) That starts this Sunday and it also starts our church wide study on the book The Reason for God by Tim Keller. I love when our church grows, serves, and prays corporately! It is a family. (...that may be another blog)

I also just became apart of the new Bath & Body Works Team! My first day was Monday and that was just full of orientation video and filling out paperwork. I'd like to say my first "real" day is Friday when we get to work the floor! Already on the first day I was trying to resist to buy things? I mean how can you not leave buying at least one thing right? So...I'm pretty sure later on into working I will have bought more products I can carry! To my friends and family: just start to make a list of your favorite scents for birthdays and holidays! ;)

Lastly, the reason for the title of this blog: Lemon Blueberry cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese frosting!
Yep, I was in a baking mood and two of favorite people lent me their oven today to bake these bomb cupcakes! I got the recipe off of the Food Channel Network ( the same recipe used on Cupcake Wars too!) Now to be honest if this was my own recipe I would be a bit reluctant to share it with the whole world, but, since it's not....here: The Deliciouso Cupcakes

Anyhoo. I'm letting out a big sigh. I've been meaning to update ya'll for a while, really. I'll try to work on make it more often...then maybe they'll be shorter right? We'll see how much time I'll get in reality between the phases of more growing up. If you are an avid reader and haven't "officially followed me" do it, you'll get my updates faster! :) Until then my friends, I love you all so dearly, I pray for you often!

1 comment: