Thursday, October 17, 2013

For the Love of Snail Mail

What is it about checking the mail and low and behold-a hand-written letter? Pure joy, just pure joy! I do appreciate an occasional wall post on Facebook or a "Have a good day" text, but, I tell ya one of the ways to get a place in my heart is to send me something through the post!

Time and effort are of not cost to those who participate in the endeavor. Snail mail allows room for creativity. There's uniqueness of each one's stationary whether chevron striped, classic white, or lightly colored polka dots, as well as the way they dot their "i's" and cross their "t's". The sincerity of that person is hand-written in every word to me. Also, how about that fact that these could be historical mementos someone else could stumble upon. The love shared between two friends shown so clearly. Mementos of when someone got engaged, was having a hard time, or got a new job-just so much life in one envelope! Things to be remembered in the coming days of more joy and even sorrow.


Ahh, the benefits of snail mail are never ending. Need I say more about snail mail? Living in days of instant gratification and immediate responses, snail mail might as well be a lost art, huh?

So what are ya waiting for? Go. Send someone something. Remind them of your care for them. Encourage them with lovely words. Cheer them up with a wee present. I'm sure this is something that will not bring regret. 

I'll be checking my mailbox,
XOXO, lishernicole

No comments:

Post a Comment