Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A "two-in-one" deal

So as ya'll can tell...I haven't done much blogging for a while. I do know that quite a few things have happened since then and now so I'm going to write about most of them in this one blog.

So Orientation: Oh my goodness blew me away!! I didn't really know what to expect but it was really really super fun. The things that we went through that weekend...everything that we did that weekend had a lesson to learn. I loved that I had no clue who 90% of these people were and we had made such a bond with each other! I never would've thought 9 months ago that I would be doing this or have any want to do this but in this weekend alone what God has done in my heart is just sooo amazing and only something that He could do. The whole weekend to meet people chasing after God and showing the love He has for us and each other...on in one weekend alone. *sigh* yeah it was good. Oh. Yeah. Probably on of the highlights...Andrea Eberly "the mom" crying...and Mika "the pro" rolling her eyes at her. really good.

Today I have exactly one week until I take of to Tahoe City. Even though I have a quite detailed schedule/idea (that's four pages long) of what will be going on there I don't have any expectations about what will be going on. I am nonetheless EXCITED for this life changing summer!! What I'll be witnessing to...to see what God will be doing in the city, in the church, every single person's heart...Ahhh!! Yay!!! lol!! Yay! Yay!<---did you just see/hear me do that...it just happened. That's really all I have to say about it for now. When I get there I'll be sharing more,don't worry.

Being home and seeing how that world goes on without you. Well. Duh. I think that I've accepted that. With God humbling my heart and letting me know that I am not the only one in the world but just a small tiny dot, I'm more so excited of for everyone's lives here and what God is doing with them and their hearts. I have seen so much growth in my life and change here as well, putting these two together...it goes together quite fittingly. Why do you think that is? This break has a different feel to it than the ones that I've taken, yes, even the one I took just two months ago. While writing this Psalm 1 came to mind (we read it at orientation) the contrast between those who follow Him and well...those who don't. I think that this season is just a high speed chase after Him, what He wants. Just warring with my sins and trying to get rid of myself and let Him take control of my thoughts, mouth, hands, and feet. And like Psalm 1 in return just being in awe of all of mighty, amazing, glorious things that He has done!! And having a sense of "no care" but just dependence and trust in Him, not panicking about what's to come but to really just come in knowing or expecting nothing and being flexible to His life not mine. God is so good to me and I do not deserve one bit of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment