Saturday, April 9, 2011

Facebook Fast Day 2

I never realized how many times I get on Facebook: when I'm waiting to do something, when I'm alone, when I'm bored, when I want to get comfort from others in knowing tangibles are there when I need approval, I just post a status. The first thing I do with a computer is type in my login for Facebook as routine, not even noticing I'm doing it. Without being on Facebook so much time has been wasted and I don't even know what to do with this time. Facebook is an idol for me it controls me, that it's not even a second thought of going to Facebook. I check it for comfort, and I seek approval with statuses. I don't have this strong "I need to get on Facebook right now" desire to just login but I do miss it. I do somewhat long for it and count how many days it is until I get to login. I've thought about many "brilliant" statuses to put on Facebook. I've thought about Facebook and everything about it in times I could've thought about God and everything about Him. Even when I don't have Facebook I'm not looking to Him, but other things like email: how many times can I check my email a day, expecting to see new ones just like statuses. I look to my phone and TV. I look to other things that aren't God. Why is that? More Idolatry-more idolatry and yet I don't feel the weight of your glory and don't care about your beauty. I pray for unbelief in the Gospel that I have yet to fully understand and grasp and seek. I ask for you to break me, help me to run to you instead of away. When I am alone help my heart wander to you in my thoughts, in my living, in my heart. God let this not be a fast, that is reliant on myself because I will fail, because this would be meaningless and I might as well stop doing this now. Please reveal yourself to me, let me listen and know you more. Let my desire and longing be yours. I feel lately I've been relying on myself, giving myself applause from things that are yours-things I'm learning, talent, things I'm doing. I can't rely on myself to get this right. I can't rely on myself to bring me back to you. I can't rely on myself to understand what I can't. I can't rely on myself-but I have been. God, help me feel this desperation and hope in you-my words ring true, but does my heart? I love you for your grace and mercy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment