Friday, April 1, 2011

It won't be long until we meet again

This past BUSY week consisted of not just the usual school but two fundraisers for my mission trip to Thailand. One of them was "Crafting for Missions" "Crafts, Oh Crafts how I just love thee!" God has been providing so much during this fundraising process leading up to my leaving...MUCH MORE THAN I COULD EVER IMAGINE! God blessed me with the best friends in the world donated their time and efforts to this night, and I am so thankful for them! Remembering back to last night and the people that God brought to craft night were perfect; just like Him to plan for something that extravagant! The day of crafts was so overwhelming I did not stop to see and soak in what God had done. I can say that everything that happened yesterday was about God. The conversations that were being had, the fellowshipping with the friends He has blessed us with, ministering to non-believers, the plethora of free craft supplies, food for our stomachs. Even the crafts were just reflections of who God is: the way he created us so differently (everyone's crafts), His love for us that we would have the desire to love Him and show it (crafts with verses or Jesus), reminders to rely on Him and pray for others (prayer string thing). Everything about this night brought glory to His name and kingdom. We raised over $100 this week to go toward my mission trip to Thailand-what a blessing!!! I have never seen anything like this!! Since I have accepted this mission trip He has definitely been strengthen my dependence and longing for Him. The more I see how beautiful His glory is the more I surrender to the things of this world and then....He blows me away and steals my heart again and again. I am so thankful that I can say "again and again".


I want to say thank you to all who are praying and supporting me on this journey!!

Here are some crafts that I made last night and are on sale at my EtsyShop:SticStic Store by withlove Alicia for my Mission Trip!

Photobucket

"The Lord is my portion", says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him. The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him."-Lementations 3:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment