Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pick Berries

This experience was everything that imagined and more! My sister, Stacha, and I went to Henley Farms to pick berries. I wanted to pick strawberries until we saw that strawberry season was over. The great news was that it was now black berry season. The way that it worked was that we had our buckets, we drove down to the fields, got to picking and we paid by weight at the end.


She also told us that they do not spray anything on their berries so they were ok to eat while we picked. She didn't have to say anymore! It was super hot while we were picking but, we picked about 4 pounds in less than an hour.


What have I been doing this whole time?! This is now easily one of my favorite things to do. There have been plenty talks about what to do with the berries and still nothing yet. I think I am going to make a tweaked version of this Blueberry Peach Galette from a sweet sweet friend of mine sometime this week. I've heard that there are a ton of farms to pick blueberries at in East Texas, I'll just have to make my way over there soon!


Consider pick berries crossed off my Days of Summer 2014 list

xoxo, lishernicole

1 comment: