Sunday, July 6, 2014

A weekend of 3

Last weekend I accomplished 3 things off of my summer list. Oh yeeaaaahhh! It didn't start off as a good weekend but, it was probably one of my favorite weekends of the summer! This weekend my mom and little sister were in the area for one of her twirling competitions and my sweet boyfriend came to Denton.



Steven arrived with a dozen roses in hand and the John Legend CD I've been wanting since January. Stacha, Steven, and I enjoyed garlic shrimp pasta for dinner and Natasha's galette with ice cream as I mentioned in my previous blog post.


I made a few tweaks to the pasta and it took me two tries due to the pie crust tearing and mistaking salt for sugar but they were both delicious successes!!




My second try and finished product without the tears.







With the record player going with some Nat King
Cole, Steven asked me to dance. Yep, pretty much like what you see in the movies. It couldn't have been more perfect. I told you he was sweet!


The next day me and Steven went to Desoto and for my sister's baton twirling competition. I missed my mom and sister so much! It was a long day full of talented and impressive baton twirling skills and I was so very glad that we got to spend the day with them.



Me and my sister at her baton twirling competition
Me and Steven head home after dinner only to find that we got locked out of the house and I realize...*dun duh duuuun* I have stargazing on my summer bucket list! What a great opportunity to seize the moment?! And we took it. To think that I got to have that moment in my memory for the rest of my life, what a lucky girl I am.



Sunday was a bittersweet day it was the day that my mom, sister, best friend, and boyfriend had to go back home. Before they left we I spent as much time with them as I could. We've parted ways only for a little while. I was thankful for the time I had with them and I am very thankful for them all!


 Consider get fresh flowers, stargazing, and cooking/baking something from my Pinterest boards crossed off of my Days of Summer 2014 list.

xoxo, lishernicole

No comments:

Post a Comment